BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, November 2, 2008

looking around and ask myself

Up to the moment, I can say almost 6 weeks I being in Sheffield. Not to say I got everything in my head, most of time I being busy with academic stuff and a bit of community activities. The first thing that i want to do during my first year in here, I want to get along with local cultural and other people who are not from same place as I'm. Local culture? Most people think that is night out activities. I can say yes but there are lot of other things beside night out. Night out activities are not bad actually. (Ooops, some people start to say i'm gonna be bad boy)

I see it in a different view. I know as a muslim, it's not appropriate to go there but I see there are kind of critical questions that I'll and have to answer. In such, some people might ask me why you are not drink? If I answer because I'm a muslim, does it sound like the question before like personal question? Some other questions might pop up, I meet this bla bla who is muslim but drink? What I'm going to answer for that question? What is the best answer that appropriate and not to give a kind of bad impression toward our religion? I go to those places because it give me a new challenge and something that I can learn. Not all people in here know about Islam very well. May be my friends who spend most of their night time in clubs and pubs, someday they see Islam can bring better life style. who knows?

Somehow, I can compare how Islam guide me as I have faith in Islam than other people. Being in certain scenarios, give me something to gain from it. It always a new thing that I get. More over, I want to see how much people trust me and really know who I'm. haha...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

banyaknya ads dlm blog ko

mijie said...

byk ke??

iman said...

i was in first year i used to live with some English girls.Knowing them and mingle with them stimulate my faith. How?By simply thinking about their question about my religion,Islam.For the very first time i feel so proud wearing hijab is when i'm here in Sheffield.

They asked about God.They ask Why I'm a Muslim?Why i'm wearing hijab.Why i pray?

All those questions is indirectly gain my confident about my faith, with what i already doing.I feel proud to be a Muslim.

And indirectly it makes me be more cautious with what i'm doing as they might ask is that what Islam teaches?

Either u will be influenced by them or not is up to you.Be sure with ur niat.As it will guide ur next step.

nice entry anyway.keep on observing.keep on thinking.God have a lot of things to show u and teach u.